Пятница, 27 сентября 2013 г.
Monument to the character of the famous Soviet animated movie The Kitten from Lizyukov Street, directed by Vyacheslav Kotyonochkin. Filmed in 1988 by Soyuzmultfilm Studio using hand-drawn animation, the cartoon gave the start to Voronezh animation history.
The Vorontsov Lighthouse is a red-and-white, 27.2-meter tall lighthouse in the Black Sea port of Odessa. It is named after Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov, one of the governors-general of the Odessa region. It has a one-million-watt signal light that can be seen up to twelve nautical miles (22 km) away. It transmits the Morse Code signal of three dashes, the letter O, for Odessa. It also sounds like a foghorn during severe storms or fog.
The Port of Odessa is the Ukrainian seaport. Founded in 1794, it is the largest port in the Black Sea basin, with a total annual traffic capacity of 40 million tonnes. The port has immediate access to railways allowing quick transfer of cargo from sea routes to ground transportation. Along with its younger satellite ports of Chornomorsk and Yuzhne, the port of Odessa is a major freight and passenger transportation hub of Ukraine.
Monument to Ilya Ilf and Evgeny Petrov is a bronze monument dedicated to popular Odessan Soviet writers and their famous novel The Twelve Chairs published in 1928.
Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi fortress (also known as Akkerman fortress) is a historical and architectural monument of the 13th-14th centuries. The fortress was built on the remains of Tyras, an ancient Greek city on the northern coast of the Black Sea which existed until the 4th century. Antes, Slavs, and Bulgarians lived at the site of Tyras after the Greeks. It is not known when Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi fortress was founded. Most historians believe that it was a trading enclave of the Republic of Genoa first established in the 13th century. The territory was surrendered to the Golden Horde at that time, but the Genoese managed to ally with the Mongols. Bilhorod was officially the Tatars’ city, but it was ruled by the Genoese. The fortress controlled the Dniester estuary.
After the territory came under the control of the Principality of Moldavia, the Moldavians started to call Bilhorod Cetatea Alba (literally the White Citadel). In the 15th century, the city was a real metropolis. There were about 20000 inhabitants - Moldavians, Greeks, Genoese, Armenians, Jews, Tatars. It was the start of the greatest development period in the city's history. The city was based on a fortress, which had already grown significantly. Its main elements had been constructed by 1440; the fortress had 34 towers, some as tall as 20 meters. Outside the fortress was surrounded by a deep moat. The fortress was built of white limestone, for which a mortar made of eggs, crushed marble, carbon, and silicon was used.
In the 15th century, The Ottoman Empire repeatedly tried to capture the city. The hardest siege was in August 1484, when a 300,000-man army of the Ottoman sultan Bayezid II and 50,000 troops of the Crimean Khan Meñli I Giray supported by over 100 large ships besieged the castle on the coast and estuary. After a 9-day siege, the fortress was taken. In 1485, the owner Stephen the Great tried to recapture Bilhorod, but he failed. Turkish people would rule there for 328 years. In 1918, Romania briefly reestablished control over Budjak after the unification of Romania and Bessarabia in 1918, but the Soviets reclaimed the city and the surrounding territory in 1940 and again in 1944.
Odessa dolphinarium "Nemo" complex includes the Oceanarium where visitors can get acquainted with the bright ocean, marine inhabitants, and exotic animals from around the world. Opened in 2005 by united enthusiasts and specialists in studying, content, and upbringing sea mammals.
Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra is a historic Eastern Orthodox Christian monastery that gave its name to one of the city districts where it is located in Kyiv. Since its foundation as the cave monastery in 1051, the Lavra has been a preeminent center of Eastern Orthodox Christianity in Eastern Europe. According to the Primary Chronicle, in the early 11th century, Anthony, a Christian monk from Esphigmenon monastery on Mount Athos, originally from Liubech of the Principality of Chernigov, returned to Rus' and settled in Kyiv as a missionary of monastic tradition to Kyivan Rus'. He chose a cave at the Berestov Mount that overlooked the Dnieper River and a community of disciples soon grew. Prince Iziaslav I of Kyiv ceded the whole mount to the Anthonite monks who founded a monastery built by architects from Constantinople.
Monument to the founders of Kiev. Khoriv, Kiy, Schek, and sister Lybed, according to legends reflected in the Russian chronicles of the 11th-12th centuries, were the princes of the Polans tribe and the founders of three settlements that later made up the city of Kyiv. The monument is located on the embankment of the Dnieper, in Navodnitsky Park.
Memorial to the victims of the Holodomor. The Holodomor also known as the Terror-Famine and sometimes referred to as the Great Famine, was a famine in Soviet Ukraine from 1932 to 1933 that killed millions of Ukrainians. As part of the wider Soviet famine of 1932–1933 which affected the major grain-producing areas of the country, millions of inhabitants of Ukraine died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in the history of Ukraine. Since 2006, the Holodomor has been recognized by Ukraine and 15 other countries as a genocide of the Ukrainian people carried out by the Soviet government.
Monument to Mikhail Panikovsky - a monument dedicated to the legendary character of the satirical novel The Little Golden Calf by Soviet authors Ilya Ilf and Evgeny Petrov, published in 1931. The hero of the novel is depicted in the guise of a blind man. At the same time, the monument also contains many small but symbolic details. For example, under Panikovsky's left foot, you can see a coin, on which he hurries to step, besides, the most curious can substitute a mirror under his foot and see the reflection of the well-known figure of three fingers.
House with Chimaeras is an Art Nouveau building located in the historic Lypky neighborhood of Kyiv. The building has been used as a presidential residence for official and diplomatic ceremonies since 2005. The Polish architect Władysław Horodecki originally constructed the House with Chimaeras for use as his own upmarket apartment building during the period of 1901–1902. However, as the years went by, Horodecki eventually had to sell the building due to financial troubles, after which it changed ownership numerous times before finally being occupied by an official Communist Party polyclinic until the early 2000s. When the building was vacated, its interior and exterior decor were fully reconstructed and restored according to Horodecki's original plans.
The Kyiv State Puppet Theatre is Ukraine's oldest puppet theatre; it was founded on 27 October 1927 as part of the Kyiv Franko Theatre for Children (later known as the Young Spectators' Theatre on Lipki) at the initiative of Ukraine's People's Artist Aleksandr Solomarsky and Irina Deyeva. The Theatre's first season was opened with two productions, Old Petrushka and Musicians, based on works by L. Yegibov, with the stage version made by P. Shcherbatinsky.
St Andrew's Church is an Orthodox church in Kyiv, constructed between 1747 and 1754 to a design by the Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli, a rare example of Elizabethan Baroque in Ukraine. Situated on a steep hill, where Andrew the Apostle is believed to have foretold the great future of the place as the cradle of Christianity in the Slavic lands, the church overlooks the historic Podil neighborhood. Since 1968, the building has been a museum, part of the National Sanctuary "Sophia of Kyiv" as a landmark of cultural heritage. At the beginning of the 21st century, the building faced serious problems due to the unstable foundation and it underwent a major renovation at the end of the 2010s, after it was gifted to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
Maidan Nezalezhnosti is the central square of Kyiv. One of the city's main squares. It has been known under many different names, but often it is called simply Maidan ("square"). In the 19th century, the square contained buildings of the city council and noble assembly. Since the start of Ukraine's independence movement in 1990, the square has been the traditional place for political rallies, including four large-scale radical protest campaigns: the 1990 student "Revolution on Granite", the 2001 "Ukraine without Kuchma", the 2004 Orange Revolution, and the 2013–14 Euromaidan. Maidan is also a regular site for non-political displays and events, however, since 2014 most of them were moved to Sofiyivska Square or elsewhere, because making entertainment in a place where people were killed during Euromaidan was considered inappropriate. Most notably, Christmas Fairs and New Year celebrations were moved to Sofiyivska Square.